Monday

My thought of the day:

Someone asked me today how i cope with people who steal my pictures or 'impersonate' me or 'imitate' my style and if it doesn't bother me. My answer to that is that it does bother me, but not for the reasons people would think. The thing about that is that if you put your picture on the internet everybody has access to it and they can do with your picture whatever they want. They can sign up with it at a website you would never visit or pretend to be you. I am kind of used to it cause eversince i signed up at BlackPlanet years & years ago i've been dealing with things like that. The thing is 'imitation is the highest form of flattery' & i don't mind if people feel that what i do/how i speak/ how i look etc is something they would like to do too, but what bothers me is the fact that they dont seem to realise that it doesn't matter what u do at the end of the day you're still going to be YOU so why not embrace who YOU are instead of imitating.

I am a woman and i see things i like in other women too. My thing is i can take that & give my own twist/feel to it. I will never 'swaggerjack' a person & i will never forget to let the person know i was feeling what they were saying/wearing or whatever the case may be. I just would love for people to see i am everything but perfect, but my creativity takes me places & that's only because everything i do comes from the heart. Everybody should be loved for who they are, for the strength & skills they have. Talking, walking, dressing, pretending to be someone else will never make you happy because you know that's not YOU.

I used to do all kinds of things with my hair, color it, weave it, braid it & i always felt that was soooo much nicer than my own hair, but u know what? Now that i am older (& wiser) the way i feel most comfortable is when i have no make up on & i have my natural hair in a ponytail cause i know that is me .. everything is naturally mine. I don't need fake hair or tons of make up to be happy or feel secure. I am secure with who i am & if a man likes me there are no surprises or things i have to reveal. It's all me & it's all good.

Everybody has flaws .. nobody is perfect, everybody has insecurities no matter how self-confident they may seem, but you have to embrace who you are & don't feel the need to live ur life in the shadow of someone else. Live your life being positive, creative, happy, free, being a good person & being the best you can be.



1 comment:

Liz said...

'imitation is the highest form of flattery' and imitation let's you know you're still on top of your game!

You are one beautiful individual inside out and your words are truly heartfelt. Reading this story was like looking in the mirror. I love to read your thoughts and stories keep them coming.